Articles on this Page
- 03/02/14--23:32: _Interesting Crowd-f...
- 03/12/14--06:52: _Interesting Crowd-f...
- 03/20/14--06:54: _Interesting Crowd-f...
- 04/01/14--05:25: _Interesting Crowd-f...
- 04/03/14--07:44: _SITU Smart Scales
- 04/04/14--13:22: _Oar Inspired – Rowi...
- 04/09/14--12:27: _Interesting Crowd-f...
- 04/27/14--15:05: _Interesting Crowd-f...
- 03/02/14--23:32: Interesting Crowd-funded Projects – 3rd Mar 14
- 03/12/14--06:52: Interesting Crowd-funded Projects – 12th Mar 14
- 03/20/14--06:54: Interesting Crowd-funded Projects – 20th Mar 14
- 04/01/14--05:25: Interesting Crowd-funded Projects – 1st Apr 2014
- 04/03/14--07:44: SITU Smart Scales
- 04/04/14--13:22: Oar Inspired – Rowing Telemetry System
- 04/09/14--12:27: Interesting Crowd-funded Projects – 09 Apr 2014
- 04/27/14--15:05: Interesting Crowd-funded Projects – 27 Apr 2014
Not that anyone’s going to be reading this post, but I thought I’d start linking to some interesting projects I have found on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. When trawling through their own sites, it’s nearly impossible to find the best stuff amongst all of the not-so-awesome projects… OBDLink MX WiFi If you like to fix your […]
Continuing the theme of crowd-funded project spotting, here are a few new ones: BSX Insight Ever wanted to measure your lactate levels in real-time, whilst training? Yes? Well this is a project for you. Many endurance athletes regularly undergo tests to find out what intensity to train at, based on their blood lactate. Testing for […]
Here’s my latest collection of cool projects from Kickstarter and Indiegogo. SHELFIE Do you really want a sleek, hipster bike rack in your house/flat. This one is awesome, and comes with an integrated helmet shelf. MicroView – Tiny Arduino-Powered OLED Display This is sweet – a really-easy-to-customize OLED display on the back of […]
Here are my latest picks from the world of Kickstarter and Indiegogo: The MicrobeScope Ever wanted to find out what might be going on at a micro-scale? MicrobeScope is a way to turn your iPhone into a microscope with 800x magnification – enough to see individual bacteria! SmartMio Muscle stimulation (via electrical impulses) is shown […]
Here’s another Kickstarter product that I thought deserved an individual post. Introduction As a lightweight rower, I must spend a large part of my year carefully watching my nutrition since every lightweight has to weigh-in just before racing. I tend to spend the pre-race part of the season at ~75-76kg (165-168lb), and must weigh-in at […]
As an engineer, I’m always interested in getting useful data from my training sessions on the water, on the rowing machine or when cross-training (cycling, running etc). The rowing machine is easy, as all the data is provided by the Concept2 monitor – watts, strokes-per-minute, time, distance, heart-rate and more. In fact, either using a […]
Commuter X4 Bike Light Cycle safety is the key aim of this project – a wearable bike light with a distinctive shape that makes cyclists as visible as possible. Canvas Watch Company Everyone loves a nice watch… Duet Bluetooth Tag Never lose your keys or you phone. Obviously there are many similar devices […]
Time for another round-up of some Kickstarter and Indiegogo projects. Quite an eclectic mix… Korner Home Security Simply plug the dongle into your WiFi router and attach the triangular pieces to doors/windows etc. In case of intrusion, you’ll be alerted immediately. HMM RULE/ONE Completely unneccesary, but it looks nice. A combination of a weighty […]